Role Value Proposition:
The Efficacy team is part of the Global Analytics Center of Excellence that enables transformative change in MetLife operations through research, development, and enablement of best approaches and technologies. As a Senior Data Scientist, your analytical and technical skills will play a key role in the successful design and delivery of analytics solutions. This role seeks a self-motivated individual that will be expected to work on analytical projects leveraging open source tools like Python and Spark.
- Develops and tests programs and scripts in open source to implement models and other business analytics solutions.
- Assists in establishing coding standards and best practices and performs code reviews to ensure these are implemented by the engagement team.
- Assists in overseeing the migration of analytical projects from our legacy analytical software to open source leveraging Python and PySpark in a Big Data environment.
- Develops custom analytical features in open source that can be leveraged on a global scale.
- Trains, educates, and mentors the engagement team on open source tools, capabilities, and best practices.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree in Analytics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of related work experience.
- Extensive experience using Python and Spark/PySpark.
- Working experience with big data environments (i.e. Hortonworks, Cloudera, Big Insights) and technologies (Spark, HDFS, Hive, etc.).
- High proficiency in statistical and machine learning model algorithms.
- Experience deploying open source machine learning models in real time and batch in a production environment.
- Comfortable working with Linux and the command line.
- Experience leveraging open source for text analytics, APIs, deep learning, etc. Experience conducting code reviews to ensure adherence to best practice and code quality