Role Value Proposition:
- Our group is responsible for data used throughout our institutional business to support decision-making and operations.
- We are also responsible for delivering data to our customers, in accordance with SLAs and with performance guarantees, so they can make timely decisions.
- We develop ETL solutions in Informatica, Power Exchange to deliver data to DB2 databases.
- To ensure that our solutions can be maintained and enhanced, we need skilled Software Development Engineer II who can design and build optimal solutions.
- We are also in the midst of a large-scale technology transition designed to help MetLife better respond to its customers and market, and require forward-thinking people that can help accelerate that transition.
- Work with the BSAs to understand the functional and technical requirements for data content and delivery via Informatica Power Center, Power Exchange, Linux, DB2 databases.
- May require occasional engagements with business partners to understand business challenges and business requirements for data content and delivery
- Define technical design standards, coding standards, implementation methodologies to solution and deliver via databases < >.
- Support transformation of data from systems of record to the point of consumption.
- Design database objects – databases, schemas, tables, views, procedures - that fulfill functional requirements for data content and delivery.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Five plus years’ experience in practical software development experience including technical design, development and implementation of application systems
- Strong experience in Informatica power center 8.0 or above, DB2 10.5 & above (or) Oracle , SQL/PL-SQL, ANSI sql , Ksh,bsh,csh and Python, Maestro scheduling( or) any scheduling tools , Source code control tools
- Experience in software development methodology, Waterfall or Agile
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in Informatica power exchange
- Experience in Linux Skills
- Experience in DataWarehousing
- Experience in big data technologies – Hive, Spark/PySpark, Scoop
- Experience with insurance/financial systems
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with oversite and code reviews of offshore team and QA team
- Prior work experience with large scale Global Corporation